Do I need insurance to move?

Although insurance is not required for house moves, it’s a good idea to have some protection in case something goes wrong. You may be able to get some reimbursement if you have any personal belongings that are damaged or stolen during the move.

Many moving companies also require you to have insurance before you can use their services. Consult an insurance professional to discuss your insurance requirements.

There are many potential dangers when you move house. Even if you hire a professional mover, accidents do happen. Having insurance can give you financial protection and peace of mind in the event that something does go wrong.

There are many insurance options that might be useful when moving house:

Home insurance: Your home insurance policy may offer some protection during a move. It is always a good thing to consult your insurance provider to find out what is covered.

Moving insurance: A number of moving companies offer insurance that can cover your belongings while you move. This type of insurance could cover any damages or losses that may occur while your belongings remain in the company’s care.

Personal property insurance: This type can protect your belongings throughout a move. It could also cover any damages or losses you may suffer while your belongings move, or other risks like fire and theft.

Liability insurance: You might want to get liability insurance if your move is self-contained.

It is a good idea, in general, to speak with an insurance professional about your specific insurance needs. They can help you choose the right type of insurance to suit your needs, and also guide you in how to obtain it.

For more information you can call us 07950776867 or email us [email protected] or visit our website